Security Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group is looking for a talented engineer with experience developing secure software. Your ability to architect solutions across the software stack will allow us to deliver the best possible experience for our customers. Do you have a passion for building secure products and protecting customer data? Are you ready to apply your skills to solving new and exciting problems? A core principle at Apple is maintaining product security and customer privacy. In this role, you will have the opportunity to extend that principle to exciting new products and technologies. We are looking for an engineer that can design and implement security applications and frameworks to enable the next generation of cloud computing.
- 4+ years developing security software
- Extensive development experience, with strong Swift / Objective-C coding skills
- Experience developing secure cloud applications with a client / server architecture
- Experience architecting security solutions across the software stack
- Experience with mutual authentication and attestation
- Understanding of encryption algorithms
- The ability to work multi-functionally and collaborate with many teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- A strong focus on the end customer experience
We are a small team of architects and specialists who are searching for an individual to focus on security and privacy. You should have a proven track record of crafting and developing secure software. We collaborate with different teams to ensure the appropriate security model is in place. You will work with the networking team to build secure communication channels where needed. By working together with backend services engineers, you will guarantee that we protect user data in the cloud. The right candidate will advocate for security and standard methodologies throughout the organization. If you have the right skillset, you could have a significant impact with us at Apple.
Education & Experience
BS CS/EE or equivalent
- - Experience developing at the kernel / driver level
- - iOS or macOS application development experience a plus (Objective-C / Swift)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.