Finance Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 5+ years of Finance business and systems project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence cross-functionally to identify, evaluate and execute strategic priorities, operational opportunities and growth initiatives
- Ability to craft cross functional solutions that incorporate multiple and competing points of view and embrace meticulous attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills; an intellectual curiosity to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Highly articulate in both oral and written communication
- Periodic travel both domestically and internationally
- Project life cycle systems implementation experience with SAP (FI and SD modules) or other Finance systems.
- Successful finance business process re-engineering experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with global business partners
- Ability to innovate and share best practices with members of the project team
- Excellent negotiation skills in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity will also be critical
- Ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of common financial terms, key processes and theories
- PMI/PMP certification is a plus.
The Global Finance Projects team has an opening for a Finance Project Manager supporting a variety of finance-focused system implementation projects including business expansions for Apple’s direct and indirect channels including Apple Retail, Online Store supporting new services and new payment methods. Work closely with all Apple business units including Apple Retail, Online Store, Global Business Solutions(Finance), Operations, IT(IS&T) and other organizations in order to drive critical projects on time, and on budget while meeting key business capabilities. Oversee project timelines and plans, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition in accordance with Apple’s standardized Project Lifecycle methodology. Prepare or coordinate project organization, milestone roadmap, business requirements documents (BRD), request for proposals (RFP), business process documentation including inputs & outputs, project success metrics and management presentations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree minimum in an area of accounting or finance; MBA or CPA preferred. Or the candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in the area of information systems.