Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. The Kitchen Supervisor understands all cook roles, is responsible for training and maintaining standards of all of the cook roles throughout the kitchen. This position supports the Sous Chef and Executive Chef by developing and supervising teams within their kitchen function, planning and creating new menus, ensures their team completes all tasks and projects throughout the day, monitors schedules, and evaluates ways to improve Do you possess the drive and a real passion for being a Kitchen Manager supporting the Chefs in the back of house operations at a Caffè Macs? If so, we need KMs with excellent culinary, operational and motivational team skills. This position is on site in Austin, Texas.
- Communication skills are essential for this role in order to foster healthy team environment, escalate variety of kitchen related needs to leadership and interact with guests.
- Minimum 6 years experience leading a team of cooks in a high-volume service environment
- Ability to analyze sales data and understand kitchen trends
- Experience supervising kitchen staff members on proper cooking techniques and safety procedures
- Understand how to properly use and maintain all equipment used in the kitchen
- Communicate with the customer honestly, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product
- Adhere to the General Job Duties and Kitchen Rules packet and Health Department's regulations
Do you have rare skills to keep operational tasks organized? Establish and monitor par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste. Understand and participate in the established purchasing/ordering process. Oversee and monitor daily Time and Temperature logs for all stations ensuring accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products. Do you have an attention to detail for safety? We report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) timely and accurately while engaging the Safety team to ensure workplace standard methodologies are in place. Audit all signage prior to service for spelling, allergens, correct ingredients, and descriptions. We flourish with partnership and people skills. You will support the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, developing a sense of partnership and collaboration with your group so you can train and develop lead cooks, line cooks and prep cooks, while leading by example. We conduct at least 1 Team briefing per week, discussing the menu, order guide, and prep for the following week. Perform additional responsibilities as requested. We are highly motivated to be here for our customers. Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert Sous Chefs when necessary. Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying great customer service - We serve our campus by maintaining a high level of food-safety and cleanliness standards at all times. This includes maintaining a tidy station before/during/after service hours. Our work areas are kept clean and clutter free. - Each Kitchen Manager will oversee a function of the caffe’s day to day food service operations. - Directly supervise a team for proper execution and flow of daily caffe tasks. - Help staff write creative menus with corresponding order and prep guides. - Determine menu adjustments needed based on situations or data review. - Communicate across multiple caffe team leads, supervisors, and managers to maintain daily flow for Caffe Macs. - Maintain and monitor schedules for team members. - Advise on any menu and station changes for their zone or function. - Teach and use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods. and objectives for their function or zone with Caffe Managers. - Assist in set-up and break down of all stations when needed. WORKING CONDITIONS - This position will spend time sitting and standing - Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment. - Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water - Lift up to 50 pounds - Able to understand sanitation directions and teach them to others
Education & Experience
- Culinary Degree Preferred. - Advanced level knowledge of health and safety rules and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements. - Advanced level understanding of cooking methods and techniques. - Minimum of 6 years cooking experience in a high volume service environment. - High volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party but may also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain. - Inclusive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce. - Extraordinarily Service Oriented - a demonstrable high level of customer service is absolutely mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill. - Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties.