Software and Hardware Modeling Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As part of the GPU software group, our Silicon Development Team is responsible for building and applying technology that allows suitably abstract models of advanced graphics and media use cases to be captured and analyzed when executed on descriptions of future silicon.
- Possess strong interest in the modeling, simulation and analysis of mobile devices
- Strong analytical skills to work on ill-defined and challenging issues
- Ability to build models of applications and platforms and reason about them
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of computer architecture including processing units, interconnects and memory systems
- Excellent programming skills
As a member of the Silicon Development Team, you will be responsible for • Developing use case models, hardware models, and associated tools used to test the viability of future products • Analyzing and validating important use cases with respect to power and performance goals • Collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, hardware architecture, software driver, firmware, frameworks and application teams, to define a vision for future products • Helping define technical requirements of Apple's future mobile products
Education & Experience
A PhD, equivalent research degree or practical experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- • Knowledge of simulation technologies.
- • Understanding of formal methods modeling is a plus.
- • Knowledge of camera processing pipelines, video codecs, and other hardware accelerators.