Senior Program Manager - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store is an exciting environment and a dynamic development organization. With over 2 million apps used by customers in over 155 countries, we are a thriving and ever-evolving marketplace. We're looking for an excellent Senior Program Manager to drive developer-impacting features across our ecosystem with a solid track record shipping complex, large-scale systems under demanding timelines. Dynamic hands-on position including eliciting and authoring requirements, leading technical design discussions, and collaborating closely with engineering, operations, and quality assurance leads. This is not a task-based job; you will be directly responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. You have strong fundamentals but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the products you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire project team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're forward-thinking and strategic; and you are ready to ship features that benefit the entire iOS developer community.
- 5+ years of technical program and/or project management experience involving complex server/client interactions
- Experience with iOS mobile app development a major plus
- Strong technical proficiency in one or more of eCommerce, server architecture, development, SQL, HTML, MacOS and iOS
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-motivated and focused
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple project, feature and enhancement requests
- Solid track record successfully authoring technical specs
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, schedules and replans; progress and status meetings)
We're looking for individuals with a proven track record of shipping complex customer-facing projects under demanding timelines. To succeed, you take responsibility for project and encourage the team to do their best work. Good presentation skills are not enough; you tend to be exceptional at working with a variety of personalities, adapting your approach and message to keep the project on track and the entire project team moving as a single unit. The best Program Managers are inherently curious, digging deep to understand what customers need, how the technology of the store itself works and critical facets for any important decision. With your inquisitiveness as a strength, you will thrive as a Program Manager on the App Store because we are constantly doing things that have never been done before, and that, after all, is what makes this an amazing place to work. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required; CS degree preferred.