Equipment Maintenance Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Provides multi-disciplinary expertise in the maintenance, trouble shooting, calibration and repair of a wide variety of complex state-of-the-art deposition and automation equipment. Works with little supervision in a commercial/light industrial manufacturing environment.
- Four-year degree in a technical field preferred or 10+ years of applicable work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience for maintenance of large scale deposition equipment
- Clean room experience and familiar with common protocols and safe working practices
- Experienced in maintaining and troubleshooting high vacuum equipment, pumps, gauges and valves
- Experience with automation and robotics with respect to troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration
- Familiar with DC & RF power delivery systems, components and calibration
- Demonstrated experience with LOTO procedures to de-energize electrical and mechanical sources
- Ability to interpret wiring schematics and troubleshoot and diagnose with common test equipment
- Capability to troubleshoot and repair complex electronic and mechanical equipment
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated capability to support multiple projects
- Track record of maintaining detailed and accurate records for scheduled maintenance and repairs
- Certified or ability to certify for respirator, SCBA and Hazardous Materials handling
- Proficiency with word processing and presentation software packages
Responsible for routine equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair Utilize diagnostic equipment to monitor equipment performance, to diagnose root cause, and to make reliable improvement recommendations Implement equipment improvements through documentation Work reciprocally with engineers and technicians, communicating effectively for continuous improvement of process & procedures Create and update preventive maintenance procedures and schedules Participate in setting up and maintaining spare parts inventory system as well as other systems as it pertains to maintenance Coordinate installation and characterization of new equipment and processes as well as writing specifications/procedures, performing projects and other tasks as assigned
Education & Experience
Four-year degree in a technical field preferred
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands associated with the performance of the duties described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is in a manufacturing facility environment with medium to heavy physical demands.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.