Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple is looking for a world-class equipment engineer to develop PVD equipment and processes to deposit films for battery technology development. This includes equipment specification and commission, as well as establishment and optimization of process parameters. Work closely with internal cross-functional teams, external vendors and technology partners on equipment development from concept prototype phase to production introduction.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with extensive hands-on experience in design and development of equipment and manufacturing process for thin film deposition.
- 5+ years of direct experience in design and development of PVD equipment for thin film deposition.
- Hands on experience in design and development of RF delivery, sputtering sources, substrate carriers and receivers.
- Working knowledge of using data acquisition tools, statistical analysis of performance results and determination of process capabilities to characterize hardware
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, design and execute DOE’s to optimize hardware and SW to yield best process results.
- Ability to create engineering specification documents and SOW’s to work with suppliers and partners.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional teams including external partners and internal teams.
- Hands on product development from initial prototype to MP level, as well as, technical transfer to manufacture partner.
- Development of SOPs and related work instructions.
Develop equipment specifications for final tool selection, participate in vendor selection and provide technical guidance during tool development and factory acceptance prior to shipment. Oversee equipment performance including: installation, commissioning and set-up. Perform process engineering studies / process verification on internal and supplier sites to optimize source design, target utilization, film properties to achieve program goals. Evaluate process data to identify opportunities to improve process and machine performance. Lead implementation and qualification of the equipment improvements Contribute to the design and operating specification of battery pilot line equipment to enable capability of supporting advanced designs, materials and process development initiatives. This includes optimization, trouble shooting and corrective action implementation. Maintain regular interaction with engineering, supply chain, safety, finance, and production groups
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or other similar field
- Travel to suppliers and manufacturing facilities expected