Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Plasma Engineer works to develop new plasma chamber equipment with multi-functional work of electrical, software, and hardware engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and resolve issues.
- 15+ years of industry experience in RF/plasma chamber design, preferably in thin film/solar/battery industry
- Extensive knowledge and Deep understanding of how to handle RF power, match systems, and plasma design of process chambers that yields relevant plasma species, ion energies, radicals, and electron energies for processing thin films.
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment. Engaged and eager to learn
- Strong hardware capabilities in operation and confirmation of design principles
- Analytic capability in high power RF circuits, plasma interactions with RF, magnetics, electric field design, and general engineering
- Must have strong experimental modeling capabilities to correlate chamber performance to plasma/material performance
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react proactively to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and lead complex design trade-offs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities
Work closely with engineers to support process development work Ability to organize and execute complex, detailed test procedures with input from engineers Demonstrate experiment ownership and accurately record results and data Manually load samples on to process tools Configure and run complex measurement setups using high accuracy test equipment Maintain and troubleshoot measurement equipment Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment Design with suppliers the RF/plasma tools that needed create films for our development
Education & Experience
MS required, PhD preferred in Plasma Physics
- TRAVEL TO SUPPLIERS AND MANUFACTURING FACILITIES EXPECTED