Shazam Infrastructure Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of Shazams. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world!
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
- Eagerness to adopt new technologies or tools when necessary
- Understanding and practice of the different layers of testing
- Interested full stack development. We build, deploy, and monitor our own software.
- Not constrained by a specific language/tool and are ready to embrace and learn new technologies
- Self motivated, able to work independently, and able to build collaborative relationships with others
- Like to work in an agile environment
- Constantly looking to improve the code base by refactoring and automating
As an infrastructure engineer, you will part of a team that designs, builds, and runs cloud-based services and systems that are at the heart of the Shazam backend, including an audio deduplication platform, a music ingestion pipeline that processes thousands of assets from hundreds of music providers a day, and the performant, highly available, scalable audio recognition system handling millions of queries a day. What will you do? You will support the constant evolution of our existing ingestion and recognition systems, including, but not limited to, refactoring and redesigning to improve analysis, deployment processes, and operational health You will explore new technologies and gain experience and technical knowledge in order to contribute to the next generation of ingestion and recognition infrastructure by finding new and better solutions to both existing problems, and problems we have yet to discover This role is based in our engineering team in San Diego, but will involve close collaboration with engineers across our global organization, particularly with engineering teams in the Bay Area and London.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.