Camera Operator/Production Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This role is part of the Production Services team, within the Conference, Event & Video Services department. The ideal candidate has deep overall production experience, with specialized skills in camera operation. In addition to camera operation, the candidate needs to be multifaceted in order to jump in and serve in various ways, ranging from technical director to audio engineer. Works on high-production-value communications meetings, speaker series, trainings, film screenings and other events at Apple’s campus venues. Provides excellent customer service embraces the “can do” attitude.
- 8 + years’ experience as a camera operator in a live broadcast environment.
- Highly skilled in the operation of robotic, multi-camera systems and manually-operated camera systems. Experience with Telemetrics robotics and Panasonic and Sony cameras is a plus.
- Production experience in one or more of the following roles is required: lighting technician, technical director, broadcast engineer or audio engineer. Seeking well-rounded, adaptable candidates.
- Strong creative visual skills, with an eye for composition, camera shading and lighting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicates with respect, tact and integrity at all times.
- Extraordinary organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must be a proactive team player and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity.
- Works well under pressure, maintains composure and exercises good judgement.
- Innovative, resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
- Operates with a sense of urgency every single day. Remains engaged and bought in on the mission and goals of the department.
- Embraces and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
Sets up camera equipment and shots, operates robotic and manual camera gear. Maintains composition, focus and iris levels during shows. Takes direction from technical director (or director) during productions. Maintains camera equipment and ensures firmware updates are completed. Assists with specification of camera equipment and upgrades. Requires effective vendor management, project management and follow-through ability. Acts as a versatile team player, remains open to performing in a variety of crew roles (technical director, lighting technician, stage manager, etc.) and learns new skills. Interfaces with customers to lead their presentation content, this could include loading Keynote presentations, QuickTime content, etc. Possesses excellent communication and customer service skills to consult with presenters and colleagues. Analyzes the production needs of customers and finds the best match of technology and services to ensure success for customers. Remains current with technological developments in the video, presentation and broadcast fields by attending conferences like NAB and InfoComm. Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls providing a high level of service to customers and colleagues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution with field experience or an equivalent combination of education and field experience.