Graphics Cache Hierarchy Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The Graphics Cache Hierarchy Verification Engineer will be responsible for the pre-silicon RTL verification of graphics memory subsystem units including Caches, Memory Management Unit, Interconnects and Link interface units. This includes deep understanding of the micro-architectural details of their block and how it works within the broader GPU design. A strong computer architecture background, and a solid foundation in verification methodology is required.
- At least 3-5 years of meaningful experience including: Experience developing unit or cluster level test environments
- Experience defining and executing unit level test plans. Expertise with verification languages such as SystemVerilog
- Experience with common verification methodologies such as UVM.
- Expertise with HDL simulators and waveform viewers.
- Experience defining coverage space, writing coverage and coverage closure
- Experience working under strict schedule deadlines with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong fundamental software and programming skills
- Experience with cache verification and memory subsystem testing highly desired. Graphics architecture a plus.
- Experience with Perl, Ruby, Shell scripting, Makefiles a plus.
- Develop verification plans in coordination with design leads and architects - Build and maintain portable verification test bench components and environments. - Generate directed and constrained random tests. - Run simulations and debug design and environment issues. - Create functional coverage points, analyze coverage, and improve test environment to target coverage holes. - Create automated verification flows for block verification. - Apply knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog) to verify complex designs. - Work with other block, memory subsystem and core level engineers to ensure seamless verification flow.
Education & Experience