GPU Design Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As our GPU Design Lead, you will take ownership of technical design aspects of one or more low power GPU cores. Your hands on experience with GPU architecture and design, SOC architecture, low power design, and area and power estimation will make you successful in this role. You will be responsible for diving into low-level technical details of pieces of the GPU, while also understanding how the GPU works within the whole system.
- Are you proficient in Perl, Shell, and/or Ruby scripting?
- Do you have experience leading complex SOC or ASIC projects?
- We believe Graphics architecture knowledge is helpful
- A proven track record of high performance designs in high volume production
- Experience in driving microarchitecture and developing specification for logic designs
- Collaborate with the architecture team to define high level project features and goals - Work with IP teams to build area and power estimates - Work with implementation team to optimize design choices for use cases that matter - Review architecture and micro-architecture specifications and testplans - Communicate design choices to the GPU team and executives
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE 10+ years of experience required