Wireless RTL Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As an RTL Design Engineer, you will be at the center of the silicon design group with a meaningful role getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Wouldn't you love a dynamic yet challenging role as an RTL Design Engineer here at Apple?
- We'd like you to have:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience
- Strong fixed-point knowledge and extensive experience with bit-true verifications
- Understanding of DSP communication algorithms and trade-offs between performance and complexity
- Good knowledge in modern design techniques and energy-efficient/low power logic design
- Solid background in computer architecture including one or more of the following: Bus fabric, especially APB/AHB/AXI, Tiered memory systems, System debug architecture.
- Power management with multiple power domains, Integer and floating-point numeric units
- High-speed data path and control units
- Track record of bringing logic designs into mass production.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivation/organization
- Experience with FPGA and/or emulation platform desired
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies a plus
In this role, you will develop signal processing intensive design for wireless communication SoCs, including: • Writing specifications and other documents based on MATLAB/C system model • Microarchitecture definition • IP integration, RTL logic design, and verification support • Running tools to ensure lint-free and CDC clean design • Synthesis and timing constraints • Collaboration with algorithm and software team to ensure performance and power efficiency
Education & Experience
BS required, MSEE/PhD preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.