DRAM Validation Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As our DRAM Validation Automation Engineer, you will be ensuring the successful development of SW/HW Automation Software for DRAM validation with SoC devices. Your role on the team will also include management of the lab.
- Do you have experience in silicon validation automation?
- Would you consider yourself an excellent with debugging hardware and software?
- Your proficient programming experience in C, Tcl, Expect and/or Python will make you successful
- Experience on system level DRAM validation
- Good background in computer architecture
- Past experience working with Bench tools like oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, Power Analyzers, etc.
- You should understand DRAM cell architectures, DRAM memory organization and periphery design for low DRAM power
- Basic knowledge in memory test patterns
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration abilities
- You will work with design, product and SiVal engineers to ensure memory SW requirements. - You'll make certain that the DRAM SW meets Apple's product development and post ramp qual schedule. - Developing DRAM validation/debugging SW tools. - Collaborating with the DRAM engineers for DRAM Lab solutions. - Provide technical support for the validation and qualification of DRAM. - Support debugging RMA material with apparent DRAM related defects. - Plan SoC/DRAM Lab HW/SW and tools and purchase them. Bench tools and Lab management. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required