Content Experience Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to rich immersive and compelling experiences that influence peoples lives on a daily basis. Do you love how it feels to create something new? Do you have a passion for understanding how each element of a design affects the experience as a whole? Do you think about how a simple idea scale to vast sets of technology platforms? We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of developing ideas that help us tackle those very questions. Ideas whose results have the possibility of changing or influencing entire industries, communities and ultimately individuals. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create rich, culturally powerful content experiences that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. This role is for a strategic thinker, problem solver and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver designs from concept to implementation.
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes.
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a visual and UI designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- Can be Liaison to technical and engineering functions
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as packaging and presenting creative solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple, complex projects and deploy resources accordingly, ofter under tight deadlines
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers is a requirement.
Apple Media Products team is looking for an extraordinary visual and human interface designer for all our platforms, including desktop, web and iOS apps. You will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on content requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user- centered design principals. You demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is essential. Have an ability to juggle multiple, complex projects and deploy resources accordingly, often under tight deadlines. You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively. You flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment. You are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, Content Editorial, and Senior Management. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Graphic, Communication or UX Design, Media Arts or similar.
- Portfolio required.