Digital Layout Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing visionary ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Digital Layout Designers. In this highly visible role, you will be a member of Apple’s custom layout team, working on the latest technology nodes to create extraordinary custom digital macros, libraries, etc. This is a fast paced work environment with endless learning opportunities working in the design team with members of integration, CAD, circuit and technology engineering.
- We are looking for applicants with 5+ years experience in custom layout design of deep SubMicron CMOS circuits used in high performance microprocessors.
- Experience designing low noise, low power resistors, capacitors, pad IOs, ESD structures, datapaths, memory structures, etc.
- High level proficiency in layout floorplanning, standard cell planning and hierarchical layout assembly.
- Good understanding of issues with RC delay, electromigration, self heating and cross capacitance.
- Recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, dedicatedly work with circuit designers for the best approach to problems.
- High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports.
- Knowledge of MENTOR GRAPHICS or CADENCE layout tools.
- Scripting skills in PERL or SKILL or AMPLE are considered a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with multi-functional teams.
Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, collaborating with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new ideas, as well as work with a team of talented engineers. As a member of the layout team of the microprocessor group, you will be responsible to deliver PDV clean layout, including the following: - Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and digital circuits in deep SubMicron CMOS technologies. - Reviewing and analyzing floorplans and complex circuits with circuit designers. - Running a complete set of design verification tools available on megacells completed. - Working with the circuit design team to plan, schedule work and negotiate layout tradeoffs as needed. - Interpretation of LVS, DRC and ERC report to find fastest way to complete layouts. - Exceed engineering specifications and expectations working with the circuit design team. - Utilize advanced CAD tools, mask design knowledge to layout corrections and robust physical design representation of circuits.
Education & Experience
BS Degree, or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.