Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking a skilled Software QA Engineers to help us develop and test a suite of graphically intense and highly interactive applications. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day .
- 5+ years of experience in a Software QA Engineer role
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, assessing risk, and filing appropriate defects
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies & practices
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience developing automated software tests
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Quality Engineer you'll need to take an active role in shaping the quality of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, creating test plans, bug reporting and triaging, identifying automation opportunities, and supporting design reviews. You'll help us identify holes in coverage, actively sync with multi-functional teams to reduce duplication, foster better testing, and resist regressions. We are building a passionate and diverse team that will span a broad range of applications, tools, and frameworks. We need your help to reach Apple's high standards of quality .
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- - Experience working in an agile software development lifecycle
- - Familiar with 3D computer graphics concepts
- - Experience with computer graphic developer kits (e.g. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.