Sr. Hardware System EE & Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Architect, design, and develop next-generation Apple products. This team is a highly capable and enabled group tasked with rapidly working on advanced and new products for Apple. Products that will deeply integrate into and impact our customer’s lives. The ideal candidate is someone with significant electrical system design and integration experience, eager to own end-to-end electrical and HW systems engineering decisions and implementations at the product level. You have a deep understanding of electrical engineering, silicon and system design. You have a passion for building, hacking and finding the best way to turn ideas into reality. You thrive in a cross-functional role, excelling at collaboration and driving forward work. You care deeply about how your work intersects with the customer.
- 8+ years experience in system-level design and architecture, 5+ years of work experience in the design and development of high-speed digital and/or analog boards and systems
- Demonstrated product-level electrical integration experience.
- Direct experience in designing high volume computers / communication devices / consumer
- electronics, from beginning to end; leveraging contract manufacturers.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, ME, and Physics principles.
- Deep experience with the system development process including concept creation, schematics and
- board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Experience with the manufacturing process and design rules for PCB, SIP, Flex etc. development
- Practical experience with silicon design, architecture & specifications.
- Design experience with embedded system technologies including FPGAs and SoCs (ARM, x86 etc.),
- high speed communication protocol (PCIe, DP, MIPI, USB etc.), wired & wireless power systems,
- audio, networking & wireless, and sensor and display technology integration.
- Hands-on, practical experience with sensor technologies and architecture.
- Analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
Develop state-of-the-art hardware and system architectures for novel products. Development and negotiation of cross-functional requirements to ensure product performance. Evaluate solution space, including system constraint discovery, to determine creative architectural implementation approaches. Develop & drive component-level architecture specifications to the implementation phase, including networking / analog / wireless / SOC silicon. Be able to identify and prioritize hardware and EE-related issues. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration). System integration of embedded systems with electronics, firmware, and software. Prototype bring-up and debugging, functional analysis, characterization, and validation. Author regular technical communication for executive and cross-functional briefings. Business travel to support product development.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or industry experience equivalent.
- Proficiency in any of C, C++, Verilog, VHDL, Python is a plus
- Experience mentoring or managing junior engineers is a plus