Software Engineer, Java Web Services, iTunes Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to provide new tools and services in order to support its fast paced growth. Join our exciting team that has been leading the online industry by constantly developing innovative features since the iTunes Store's launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral skills. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints in addition to ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions is key to success in this position.
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in a professional software development team
- In-depth experience with Java web services
- Experience with message brokering systems, especially Kafka
- Experience with non-relational databases, especially Cassandra
- Experience with NoSQL & technologies like Cassandra, Kafka
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts and the ability to thrive on highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to the Apple Media Products services (App Store, Apple Music, etc)
Apple Media Products has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate should have experience developing large-scale systems. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints in addition to ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions is key to success in this position. Design and implement tools used to deliver content to the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store: - Work with teams across Apple to learn about upcoming features in OS X, iOS, and many first-party applications - Build web services for authoring applications like iBooks Author, Final Cut Pro, and Xcode - Analyze large-scale high-availability web services, and improve reliability and performance - Collaborate with a geographically distributed team.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required.
- Familiarity with JSON and XML Familiarity with Git and Subversion Familiarity with WebObjects, AppKit, or UIKit is preferred, but not required