Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort interfacing with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of CPU verification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of digital logic design, chip architecture and microarchitecture.
- Experience with expertise in developing testplans/testbenches, C-based transactors, and writing/debugging assembly based tests.
- Experience with advanced verification techniques such as formal and assertions a plus.
- Experience in silicon bringup a plus.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills, be able to work independently on the verification efforts for a block/area of the design.
- Some travel may be required
As a CPU verification engineer owning the verification of a certain area of functionality in a CPU design, you will have the responsibilities as follows: •Work closely with architecture and RTL designers on verifying the functionality correctness of the design •Develop test plans and test environments •Develop tests in assembly, C, or vectors according to test plans •Develop coverage monitors and analyze coverage to ensure all the test cases in the plans are covered •Develop checkers or C-base transactor to verify the design •Write assertions and apply formal verification to the design
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.