Senior Software Engineer - Maps Service Infrastructure,
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps team is preparing the next wave of features that leverage its internally sourced maps. We are looking for an engineer to help develop data flows that minimize delay between content creation and user consumption. The tiles are the first thing users see when they open Maps, and we want to ensure they always have the best information immediately available.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining full-stack, large-scale applications
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and CDNs
- Experience with the JVM and related languages
- Industriousness and a willingness to experiment with many solutions
- Strong familiarity with at least one database technology
- General knowledge of NoSQL and RDBMS, with their various pros and cons
- Ability to explain ideas, and technically analyze strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
When data changes we need to make it available to our users, whether internal or customers. Doing this fast and efficiently requires using databases distributed over many data centers, and solving the various consistency and reliability problems that come up. You'll work with other engineers to experiment with and choose technologies that best fit the problem. Together, you'll build applications and tools that drive the data flow and give insight into the overall system state and health.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS/PhD or relevant industry experience.