Web Engineer - Backend Ruby on Rails
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to work on a small, tight knit team to build web applications that allow Apple engineers to understand the data that we collect from our users and use that data to make design decisions and diagnose problems.
- 3+ years in web development
- Solid skills in backend development and REST APIs
- Extensive working experience in Ruby on Rails programming
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle
- Deep understanding of good software engineering practices (version control, code reviews, testing, refactoring, …)
- Our engineering team is responsible for the full stack development of applications. So knowledge of front end technologies is a plus.
- Ability to design data models and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment, and able to respond to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and dedicated with creative and critical thinking capabilities
The iOS/macOS Data Analysis team collects, analyzes and produces insights from diagnostic and usage data from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac systems. Our data is used to improve Apple products and services and to inform the strategic direction of our products. You will work with a team of full stack Web Developers to design and build new data driven web applications for Apple engineers. You will support and improve existing web applications they depend on. Our engineers primarily uses Ruby on Rails to build APIs and ReactJS to craft an outstanding user experience. We collaborate with Data Scientists and Big Data engineers to get at the data, and engineering teams from across Apple to capture requirements and validate design decisions. This role has high visibility and impact within the Apple Software Engineering organization. Relocation to Cuptertino required.
Education & Experience
Degree or Equivalent Experience