CPU Performance Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort working with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- You should have a MS or Ph.D. with more than 5 years experience in CPU performance architecture, micro-architecture design, or performance analysis.
- Strong CPU architecture knowledge, micro-architecture knowledge, and an understanding of competing architecturesExperience working in a performance modeling environment
- Proficient in C and C++
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Perl, Python and Ruby
- Ability to problem solve and prove your own ideas
- Knowledge and experience with common performance benchmarks and workloads
- Knowledge of OS internals and compiler technology a plus
Collaborate with software and system teams to identify and profile critical workloads for CPU performance and power. Develop representative benchmarks for CPU critical workloads. Capture key workloads for simulation on CPU performance model. Identify hardware and software performance bottlenecks. Work closely with Architecture, Micro-Architecture, and RTL team in identification of solutions. Run and analyze workloads on simulators and prototype devices as well as work on developing and automating performance analysis infrastructure.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.