DevOps Engineering Manager, Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven DevOps Engineering Manager who will play a central role in the delivery of scalable services for health software. You will have the rewarding opportunity to manage a team which is responsible for making the services we create faster and more resilient to failure, creating automation that gives our team better insight into how we are performing as well as making our development pipeline more efficient. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will be part of an organization which is tackling the unique challenges of the Healthcare industry, and can make a difference in millions of lives.
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing and leading people
- Extensive development experience working with modern scripting and programming languages like Go or Python
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems
- Understand networking and modern web services architectures
- Experience measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies
- You have supported systems on bare metal and in cloud environments
- Experience with NoSQL and RDMS databases
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather then do everything by hand
- Experienced in actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams and internal partners
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in Healthcare space a plus
This will be your opportunity to be part of the team which wants to place the patient in control of their Health and disrupt the Healthcare industry. In addition to using technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you must be comfortable with a rapidly evolving environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Success depends on working with cross-functional teams and external partners. Responsibilities: Advise and encourage best practices to deliver a quality platform • Define and grow a world class engineering team • Maintaining an intense focus on secure and polished systems • Represent the team, its technology and processes in technical and project meetings • Define project features, functional specs and development schedules. You will work closely with engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. Your team will be implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline, automating monitoring, build & deployment processes. You will be excited by the prospect of working collaboratively with other groups to deliver truly amazing services to our users. You take responsibility; you can demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product we ship. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; and you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience