Circuit Timing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing visionary ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Circuit Timing Engineers. You will be working on custom digital circuits and will work with the team to implement advanced circuit techniques to improve circuit performance, optimize dynamic/static power and support full bring up through productization. In this highly visible role, you will be at the heart of a processor design effort, making a critical impact delivering products to market quickly.
- We are looking for applicants with 5+ years circuit design experience in the CPU environment.
- Exposure to transistor level static timing and noise flows.
- Familiarity with custom memory design (SRAM/ register file cell/ dynamic circuits/ Critical path sims).
- Familiarity with timing margining methods.
- Ability to perform spice simulations for correlation to static timing and noise results.
- Good communication skills.
- Scripting skills for flow automation.
- Knowledge of industry standard circuit and design tools.
- Experience with tcl a plus.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all disciplines, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new ideas, as well as work with a team of talented engineers. As a Circuit Timing Engineer for custom digital team, you will develop timing models and will perform the following: - Enable global directives to ensure proper timing of unrivaled circuit topologies; - Provide a link between circuit designers, tool developers and chip-level timing to validate transistor-level timing accuracy and timing test correctness; - Help make the static timing experience better by scripting certain aspects of the flow.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.