Manufacturing Process EHS Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made and the Supplier Responsibility team upholds values around human rights, environment, health and safety in our global supply chain. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Experience assessing process safety risks, leading and developing management systems to prevent the release of hazardous/explosive chemicals, dust or energy.
- Familiarity with supply chain and manufacturing environments implementing incident investigation, root cause analysis and management of change programs.
- Passionate about protecting the global manufacturing workforce and partnering cross functionally to develop programs that directly engage and continually drive a culture of safety.
- You should be equal parts people manager, project manager and strategic thinker who can:
- Simplify high technical content in order to communicate risk and solutions to suppliers and Apple executives,
- Execute on strategy and track progress against goals,
- Collaborate, influence and drive consensus among diverse technical, business and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage third party vendors to ensure timely deliverable of program, and
- Ease in developing strong relationships and handling multiple projects in a dynamic, agile environment.
As the Manufacturing Process EHS Manager you will lead a team and serve as the senior technical authority for ensuring process safety and environmental protection standard methodologies are integrated into the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. You and your team will help ensure the highest standards for protecting employees and the communities in which our suppliers operate. You will be responsible for assessing risk and providing recommendations to eliminate hazards throughout all phases of the NPI process and handoff to sustaining operations. In this role, you are an embedded partner who influences the adoption of inherently safer and sustainable practices with respect to: - Material and chemical selection - Manufacturing process design - Process safety conformance of capital equipment - Proposed manufacturing practices
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA/BA degree, Master’s degree preferred in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or related field EHS field. At least 10+ years relevant experience. - Fundamental understanding of electronics technology, supply chain, and manufacturing processes. - Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English. Chinese language abilities is a bonus.
- MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
- - Ability to establish operational objectives, work plans and critical metrics
- - Ability to allocate resources to meet schedules, goals and get results.
- - Manages Apple employees providing mentorship, direction and coaching.
- - Coordinates activities of the program and team with responsibility for budgets, schedules, work plans, staffing and performance requirements.
- - Frequently interacts with peer group managers in cross-functional work within SR and other Apple teams, and able to lead a collaborative effort among members of a project team.
- - Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning the program, the team and external program partners.
- - Ability to travel up to 20-25%
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.