Graphics Hardware Verification Engineer
Orlando, Florida, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be responsible for subsystem and top-level pre-silicon RTL verification of embedded graphics cores.
- We would like you to have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience including:
- You should have a strong background in verification of complex hardware at system or component level with ability to debug issues across hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Architecture, General Purpose Microprocessor and Memory sub-system micro-architecture.
- Expertise with various HDL simulators and waveform viewers.
- Strong experience defining coverage space, writing coverage model, analyzing results.
- A Deep understanding of both RTL and gate-level simulation issues.
- Experience in GPU architecture and OpenGL/CL is a plus.
- Experience with Perl, Shell scripting, Makefiles, TCL is a plus.
- We look for those who are to be share ideas and ability to collaborate under aggressive schedules.
As a Graphics Core Hardware Verification Engineer, you will be tasked with the following: Apply your knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog), hardware verification languages (Specman/SystemVerilog), and logic simulators to verify complex GPU RTL designs. Develop and drive verification plans. Generate constrained random and directed tests to implement verification plan. Run simulations and debug issues across hardware and software. Create verification test bench components to monitor and check design. Create functional coverage points, analyze coverage, and enhance test environment to target coverage holes. Create automated verification flows for graphics core verification.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CE or EE