Graphics Design Verification Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The Graphics Design Verification Engineer will be responsible for architecting emulation and simulation testbenches, developing new and upgrading existing testbench components for usage across simulation and emulation platforms, for debugging and resolving issues and reporting status. Strong testbench knowledge and a solid foundation in verification methodology will be used to create high quality reusable testbench components.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 7 years of relevant experience including:
- Expertise with verification language such as SystemVerilog/UVM/OVM, Verilog/VHDL.
- Ability to write synthesizable code.
- Possess programming skills (preferred languages are C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Expertise with HDL simulators and waveform viewers.
- Demonstrated ability to build simulation and emulation models, run tests, and debug issues in a schedule-oriented silicon design project with competing priorities.
- Ability to debug emulation hardware, software, and silicon design issues.
- Ability to collaborate with and drive vendor field service/AEs to address emulation hardware and software issues.
- Familiar with common bus protocols.
- Have general verification skills.
- Graphics knowledge a plus; 3D graphics pipeline, OGL/Metal/OCL programming a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate.
- Experience working under strict schedule deadlines with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
As a Graphics Design Verification Engineer, you will be responsible for: Architecting testbenches for simulation and emulation environment. Creating and maintaining verification test bench components and environments. Building simulation and emulation models, debugging any build issues. Running specified tests on appropriate platforms, debug issues, report status. Responding to and working with vendor field service/AEs to address simulation, emulation hardware and software issues. Working with pre-silicon validation teams to develop and implement support plans. Exploring and developing new technologies and methodologies to use simulation, emulation and hardware acceleration for new applications. Participating in debugging of system by gathering waveforms and writing triggers. Running tests and debugging design and environment issues. Creating automated verification flows for graphics verification.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE or EE