Senior Backend Software Engineer - Payments
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a passionate and dedicated team tasked with building Apple’s next generation global card and Apple Pay payment processing platform handling payments from Apple Retail Stores across the world, the Apple Online Store and iTunes amongst others. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved with engineering a global-scale, high-availability, high-throughput distributed software application in support of Apple's payment needs. This person will utilize their established backend development skills to help design and deliver an uncompromising solution to Apple’s payment processing needs.
- 5+ years of back-end or full-stack software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of system architecture and large-scale, distributed Internet service system operations and architectures.
- Excellent core Java skills with a passion for developing APIs, SDKs and frameworks for use by other developers.
- Deep experience working on the full software development lifecycle of an enterprise-level distributed application with a multi-environment D2P flow.
- Strong experience with DevOps and automation tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- A passion for automation, a passion for CICD and a passion for working smart rather than working hard.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages, including Bash, Python, Golang, Java.
- Experience with relational databases and or NoSQL databases will be valuable.
- Experience with card payments, eCommerce or retail industry will be strongly preferred.
- Exposure to payments related security and cryptographic operations will be advantageous.
- As a member of our team, you will be required to have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science with at least 5 years of payment industry experience.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
We are looking for someone who can work as a full-stack developer on a high-availability, high-throughput distributed software application responsible for payment processing within Apple. We work in a highly collaborative environment. We are involved from inception and initial design to production rollout and ongoing support and maintenance. You will be expected to be able to engage in a multi-functional context with the project management team, the Ops team and the DevOps team in your day-to-day work. In this role, you will get the opportunity to gain experience with global payment solutions. You will increase your expertise in the payment industry with hands-on experience on devices, protocols and processes, and will learn from the collective experience of a team of very knowledgeable payment experts.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in a Computer Science or Equivalent in Engineering.