Sr. Virtualization Engineer - Simulators & Devices
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's innovative iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, software engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools they use everyday. The Xcode team is looking for engineers to design, build and maintain the next generation of developer tools. The Simulator and Device Support team sits at the heart of the development process for all of Apple's embedded platforms. It is one of the few teams that gets to work in a highly multi-functional capacity with iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. As a member of this team, you would work on internally and externally facing technologies which have a direct and meaningful impact on both the Apple engineers that are crafting next-generation products as well as third party developers that are building millions of iOS, watchOS, and tvOS applications. The Simulator and Device Support team is looking for a talented software engineer to contribute to these technologies.
- 5+ years experience
- Strong programming skills with C
- Comfortable with Objective C and/or Swift
- Expert in virtualization technologies: para-virtualization, hypervisors, etc.
- Expert in Inter-process Communication: MIG, XPC, MachIPC
- Excellent debugging and triage skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Expert at designing asynchronous architecture
- Experience with iOS, macOS or UNIX development
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excitement and passion to work on unrivaled products
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules, and overlapping projects
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
As a senior engineer working on virtualization technologies in the simulator, you will be responsible for pushing the boundaries of a core technology used by app developers. You will work in a highly multi-functional capacity with teams all across Apple, including iOS Apps and Frameworks, Embedded Platform, Cocoa, Core OS, and more. Your main focus will be on designing and implementing new layers for virtualizing aspects of the simulator experience. You will contribute directly to the success of all of our platforms by helping streamline the way our internal engineers and the developer community at large make amazing products for our customers.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience