Graphics Emulation Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The Graphics Emulation Engineer will build emulation models, run test cases on the emulation models, debug and resolve issues, report status, create transactor models, and drive emulation and acceleration solutions for pre- and post- silicon validation.
- Architect builds for emulation environment.
- Create transactor models for sub blocks of RTL to accelerate top level modeling.
- Interface emulation with virtual systems and simulation environments.
- Run specified tests on appropriate emulation builds, debug issues, report status.
- Respond to and work with vendor field service/AEs to address emulation hardware and software issues.
- Work with pre- and post-silicon validation teams to develop and implement support plans.
- Explore and develop new technologies and methodologies to leverage emulation and hardware acceleration for new applications.
- Participate in debug of system by capturing waveforms and writing triggers.
- Build emulation models, debug any build issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and at least five years of experience in an emulation environment: Demonstrated ability to build emulation models, run tests on emulation machines, and debug issues in a schedule-oriented silicon design project with contending priorities Experience creating transactor models Ability to debug emulation hardware and software Ability to debug design issues from waveforms Understanding of CPU and/or GPU architecture and micro architecture Ability to write synthesizable code Possess programming skills (preferred languages are C, Perl, Ruby, System Verilog) Ability to interact with and drive vendor field service/AEs to address emulation hardware and software issues Ability to interface emulation hardware with virtual systems and simulation environment Graphics knowledge a plus; 3D graphics pipeline, OGL/OCL programming a plus General verification skills a plus
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, or CS