CAD Engineer-SCLA Compiler Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? As a member of our CAD team, you will be part of a team of talented engineers working on implementing memory compiler flow that generates generate early models, schematic, layout and post layout views for custom memory configurations. The role will be at the center of a state-of-the-art memory compiler design effort, collaborating with digital circuit design team and have a critical impact on getting functional products to market quickly.
- You will have 5+ years of circuit design experience in the CPU/SOC environment.
- You should have experience with CAD/Flow development and scripting in PERL/Python. Experience in developing memory compiler, memory storage solutions.
- Deep understanding of the entire compiler design flow. Knowledge of high performance low power circuit design.
- Experience developing Register files/SRAM Arrays and custom cells. Knowledge of standard cells methodology and generation.
- Knowledge of industry standards circuit and design tools. Proven understanding of device physics and process.
In this highly visible, responsibilities include: - Drive the development of SRAM, register files, and standard cells to enable high performance and low power design. - Understand floor planning, instance tiling, power planning, and routing. - Work with the logic/architecture team to gather specifications of SRAM/Reg files/Custom Circuits and drive the implementation. - Understand the complete design flow, DFT and testing aspect of the design. - Interact with a technology team, participate in developing circuit methodology. - Collaborate with the CAD team and drive design flow enhancements. - Interact with customers, provide product support and documentation
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline