Sr. Physical Synthesis CAD Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This highly visible role in our team, is at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly.
- We are looking for strong engineers with:
- At least 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in Logical and Physical Synthesis either with DCG or RCP
- Basic knowledge of Place and Route, Static timing analysis and UPF required
- Experience in Formality and/or Conformal is a plus
- Should have experience scripting in TCL or Perl
- Good interpersonal skills, previous customer support is preferred
In this exciting position on our team, you will: - Develop, maintain, and improve existing systems for Synthesis, Physical Synthesis, Scan/BIST flows. - Work with Place & Route team to improve Synthesis QoR and correlation to backend. - Directly support multiple design teams and work with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions in other flows. - Work on debugging vendor tool problems and solving related issues.
Education & Experience