Vendor Engineering Manager (VEM) for RF Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come do your life's best work at Apple as a Vendor Engineering Manager (VEM). You will join the RF Design team, we are responsible for leading all RF component vendors. You will lead meetings to ensure the vendors are following and adhering to the internal timelines, processes, and objectives. We support multiple product lines from the Hardware Engineering organization. We value highly technical knowledge as you will handle "part revisions" during development, while communication risks with prioritization and tracking MP release criteria. The VEM will utilize a proven EE and RF background to understand technical details of issues and risks.
- Your 4 or more years of industry experience in consumer oriented electronics that will have you hitting the ground running.
- Do you seek to expand on your 2 years or more of project management experience? Come do it with us.
- We value strong interpersonal, verbal, and clear writing skills, including your ability to drive meetings to make key decisions on wireless technologies.
- Your experience with portable consumer electronics devices will help you to excel on at Apple and in the Wireless Design organization.
- With your strong technical background you are able to probe vendors on technical claims and discern reality over hype.
- Do you have experience setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures?
- Your love for international travel and cultural exploration has you dreaming of being on Apple's RF Design team.
You will manage all RF vendors and lead the evaluation when new partners are needed. Your project management enables you to track development schedules, identify and prioritize project tasks and risks. Your guidance will drive suppliers, integrate their deliverables and schedules into our projects and work with design teams to communicate updates as required.
Education & Experience
Your BS in EE or equivalent discipline is required, while we prefer a MS EE or equivalent discipline.