Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple products create powerful personal connections with customers around the world. Join the team responsible for the production and expansion of our international lexicons. You will help craft our products so every customer’s experience across the globe is natural, effortless, and meaningful. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products that enrich people's lives across the world. We are a passionate group dedicated to making sure Apple's excellence shines in all languages and regions.
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of languages (morphology, syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics).
- Well versed in programming languages such as Python, Ruby, and Objective-C. Knowledge of other programming languages is ideal.
- Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review).
- Proficiency in at least one additional language other than English. Asian and/or Middle Eastern languages preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to handle priorities are critical.
We are looking for a highly motivated Computational Linguist to help develop and fine-tune our lexicons for autocorrect and other purposes, and help programmatically define language rules and grammar. You have a real passion for working with language data and the ability to help create guidelines, software, and process for morphology and lexicons. Excellent grammatical knowledge is essential. You are highly organized, extremely collaborative, and able to drive issues to resolution across a variety of teams. RESPONSIBILITIES - Programmatically define rules for grammar and transliteration in code. - Monitor and organize linguistically oriented tasks. - Propose meaningful dictionary content and meta-content. - Bug reporting, monitoring, and resolution. - Work cross-functionally with linguists and engineers. - Prepare and audit data test sets. - Write guidelines and instructions for vendors and other junior linguists.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computational Linguistics or other meaningful experience. Software Engineering degree is ideal, but not required.
- - Programming for macOS or iOS.
- - Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and familiarity with XML and JSON. Database knowledge is a plus.
- - Experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- - Strong knowledge and experience of internationalization and localization.
- - Software translation, localization, and/or natural language translation experience.