Optical Design Engineer - Depth Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an Optical Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development.
- You will have 5+ years experience in the area of lens design, metrology and integration.
- Experience in lens design, tolerance analysis
- Experience in Stray light analysis
- Experience in lens characterization methodology and instrumentation
- Proficiency with ZEMAX, CODE V, FRED, LightTool, etc.
- Ability to perform comprehensive optical and image quality characterization of the lens and the camera module
- Support metrology methodology for camera lens testing and develop appropriate test charts and methods for camera evaluation
- Work with the assembly and packaging groups to support integration of camera lens into module
Core Responsibilities: Design new lenses, characterize and integrate into CMOS imager sensor based camera modules. Complete analysis of the optical element's influence on the image quality characteristics of the camera module. Work closely with lens supplier for prototype design, evaluation and MTF testing. Drive development of advanced metrology methods.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing, or equivalent work experience