Head of Games Monetization, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Over the last 10 years, the App Store has brought gaming to whole new audiences in 155 countries. And today, iOS is the most popular gaming platform in the world. But we believe we’re just getting started. We are seeking an analytical and collaborative individual to lead the Games Monetization team for the App Store and help define the future of gaming at Apple. You will have a deep knowledge of free-to-play monetization and a strong analytical mindset. You will partner closely with cross-functional teams within Apple to help developers build successful games businesses while providing amazing experiences for our mutual customers.
- 10+ years of relevant experience across product management, business intelligence, and management consulting, ideally with 5+ years leading a free-to-play mobile games business
- Deep knowledge of in-app monetization economics and design mechanics for free-to-play games, as well as the mobile games industry more broadly
- Established track record of building and managing high-performing teams
- Exceptional problem solving skills, with the ability to synthesize actionable solutions from quantitative analysis and qualitative research
- Strong quantitative skills, with expertise in Excel/Numbers; experience with statistical software packages or programming a plus
- Great project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior executives
- Extraordinary relationship management skills and ability to cultivate strong internal and external relationships
- Integrity, a sense of humor, and excellent interpersonal skills
You will be responsible for leading the App Store’s business intelligence around free-to-play games monetization to provide expert guidance to developers and deep analysis to internal partners. Manage a team of analysts to develop actionable insights and achieve measurable goals to support the App Store’s games business. You will work with games developers to help them optimize their in-app monetization strategies, from initial conversion to long-term retention. Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to influence store policy and product decisions related to games monetization. You will also act as a key partner in defining games strategy at Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred