Sr Manager, Product Management (Search Advertising)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We're looking for a Senior Manager to lead a team of Product Managers that is responsible for Apple's Search Ads platform. Your team will ensure our technology enables Apple to deliver the best advertising experiences in the world. You’ll bring a blend of business and technical savvy to the role, and your strategic thinking along with executional expertise will enable you to define a long-term vision and turn it into reality. The right person for this role is an exemplary leader and effective communicator with proven success in advertising strategy, tools and technology with a focus on user experience and product design. You will liaise with key cross-functional partners to drive new product and feature development from concept to launch, and beyond. You’ll be the hands-on leader, defining the business case, participating in and informing UI and technical design discussions, and enabling your team to execute on product roadmap features, including bringing them to market.
- * 10+ years in Product Management, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility including managing a team
- * Product management experience in advertising tools and technologies
- * Managed products through the entire product life cycle with a track record of achieving significant results on complex projects. Experience launching a v1 product is a plus.
- * Confident engaging with Engineering on technical design discussions and proposing simple, creative solutions to complex problems
- * Passionate about user-experience; able to inspire and educate product managers, designers and engineers with thought-provoking, clearly defined objectives and customer-centric use cases
- * Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to drive results across a large matrixed organization
- * Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills
- * Ability to define strategic vision for the product and articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences
- * Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
* Lead the Search Ads front-end Product Management team and drive innovation through deep understanding of systems and business processes, exploration of new technology, and collaboratively develop solutions with engineering, business stakeholders, and external partners. * Prioritize the roadmap of features for the Search Ads platform * Gather needs and use cases from various teams, and identify necessary key capabilities * Evangelize the roadmap and act as the driving force behind work at all levels, across all functions * Collaborate with business and engineering leadership to ensure alignment on resources, scope, and priorities in order to ensure timely and high quality delivery against the product roadmap * Hire, train, and mentor Product Managers to develop deep knowledge of our systems & processes, to clearly clarify and articulate solution requirements, and to lead technology initiatives enabling new programs, services, and process improvements. * Ensure team maintains feature roadmaps, release schedules, requirements documents, and project delivery status for the portfolio of systems and projects managed within Search Ads. * Engage with other product and technology leaders across Apple to ensure roadmap alignment to drive towards business objectives
Education & Experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus • Background in advertising, user acquisition marketing, mobile app development is a plus • Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies