Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog Circuit Flow & Methodology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role as a core team member in our advanced CAD Group, you will improve your career working on Apple's state of the art designs. You will architect, develop, maintain and improve circuit topology tracing methodology for solutions on Analog and Mixed-signal designs.
- Typically requires 10+ years of industry experience in analog design flows and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tapeout.
- Full support for Cadence custom flows, includes tool development, installation and maintenance.
- Support Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE), Virtuoso layout Editor, customization of Virtuoso ADE Menus, Model Skew customization, netlist format variations, and schematic/layout CDF callbacks.
- Familiarity with ADE Results access, Data Analysis, Waveform plotting, OCEAN scripting customization with different simulators is needed. Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, NCSim, XA, etc.
- Deep knowledge on DC/Transient/Noise/PSS, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliability analysis, MonteCarlo simulations.
- Strong ability to tackle simulation accuracy and speed issues.
- Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product application, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Understanding behavioral models for analog/AMS circuits, experience in Verilog- AMS. Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- Very efficient programming skills in languages like SKILL, Ocean, Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, etc. Ability to provide automation for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions is a plus. You should be a teammate with good written and verbal social skills, and able to work with multi-functional teams.
We are a small CAD team, so you will have an impact with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. -Drive and handle efforts developing and validating custom circuit checker flows, improving custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis as you partner with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors. -Work in a Virtuoso design environment, directly influencing the advancement of a variety of technology nodes and develop/support flows on analog circuit topology and electrical rule checks. Do you have strong abilities to work on circuit topology identification, recognition, netlist tracing to find design issues while developing internal solutions? The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical discipline