Custom CAD Engineer- Virtuoso
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a member of our CAD team, you will provide support for digital, analog and mixed-signal designs using Cadence. Responsibilities include general user support for both layout and schematic designers, tool customizations, Unix/Linux support and development testing of new tools and flows.
- Typically requires at least 2-5 years of experience in analog and digital new product development IC CAD support using EDA tools.
- You will have experience supporting Cadence Composer Virtuoso, Layout tools, VXL, PCELLs, and CDFs.
- Programming languages: DFII SKILL, PERL, Tcl. Proficient with Unix / Linux OS, utilities, and scripting.
- Possess excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Full support for Cadence custom flows, tool development, installation and maintenance. - Support Virtuoso Layout and schematic software and release flows based on revision control system. - Work with local CAD team to provide general CAD services support, utilities, scripts - Tool configuration and application. - Test development, automation and regression flow support. - General user support. - Documentation.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline.