Custom CAD Engineer- Virtuoso
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are looking for a CAD Engineer to join our Custom Infrastructure Support team to provide support for digital, analog and mixed-signal designs using Cadence. Responsibilities in this role will include general user support for both layout and schematic designers, tool customizations, Unix/Linux support and development testing of new tools and flows.
- We are looking for strong engineers with:
- 4+years of experience in analog and digital new product development IC CAD support using EDA tools
- Prior experience supporting Cadence Composer Virtuoso, Layout tools, VXL, Custom router, PCELLs, and CDFs
- Deep knowledge of programming languages such as DFII, Skill, Perl, Tcl
- Proficiency with Unix / Linux OS, utilities, and scripting
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
In this highly visible role on our team, you will: - Provide full support for Cadence custom flows, tool development, installation and maintenance - Support Virtuoso Layout and schematic software and release flows based on revision control system - Work with the CAD team to provide general CAD services support, utilities, and scripts while also working closely with the Design and Layout teams - Support tool configuration and application - Participate in test development, automation and regression flow support - Create and maintain relevant documentation
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline