CAD Engineer, Custom Release and Analysis Automation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a senior member of our core CAD team, you will provide support for digital, analog and mixed-signal design teams. The position will give you the opportunity to learn and acquire knowledge across a breadth of disciplines. Responsibilities include development of key automated and dependency based custom flows. You will also support the Cadence infrastructure used by custom designers, tool customizations using scripting languages, Unix/Linux support and development testing of new tools, methodologies and flows.
- Typically requires at least 3+ years of experience in custom digital/analog IC development CAD support for industry-standard EDA tools.
- You should have good knowledge of the full custom design cycle from schematic entry till analysis flows
- You should posses a strong aptitude towards problem solving and programming.
- Must have a high proficiency in programming languages such as: Perl, Python, Tcl, Cadence SKILL
- Experience supporting Cadence Composer Virtuoso, Layout tools, VXL, and CDFs is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of FlowTracer, Makefiles or any Flow scheduler is a plus.
- Proficient with Unix / Linux OS, utilities, and scripting.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Development and support for flows that can be deployed to large teams at various geographic locations for the purpose of analyzing, qualifying and releasing designs. Provide innovative and scalable solutions Collaborate with other CAD teams and Design teams to integrate, test and deploy new flows Provide full support for Cadence custom flows, tool development, installation and maintenance. Work with local CAD team to provide general CAD services support, utilities, scripts while also working closely with the Design and Layout teams Involvement in test development, automation and regression flow support General user support. Build and maintain relevant documentation You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in Computer Science or EE