Siri - Lead Software Engineer, Home Automation
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for someone with a combination of strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset. Our team builds Siri's knowledge of all things HomeKit/home automation related. If you have a thirst for new technology and wouldn’t think twice about spending two hours tweaking the lighting levels to be “just right” for your ‘Movie Night’ scene, this might be the role for you! We're looking for an excellent teammate who can collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's user facing capabilities. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- You have strong Computer Science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures
- You are passionate about Home Automation, and see voice control as the natural interface
- You possess in-depth development experience with server-side Java (or similar languages) and web services including 3rd party APIs
- You have proven object-oriented programming and design skills
- You’re excellent at problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Specific Responsibilities Include: - Crafting and implementing user feature interactions and work flow that provide intelligent user assistance for Siri, related customer features - Integrating live service providers using web services Working with our platform team to define infrastructure interfaces - Working with design and client-side teams to ensure a great user experience - Working with localization team to support the Siri experience in multiple languages.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of industry experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.