Release Engineer - Apple Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Online Store has an immediate opening for a DevOps Engineer. The successful candidate will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Support existing RE team in Build, Deploy and Release process for various environments like Development, Testing and Production
- Manage tasks like Branch cutting, tagging, Versioning
- Coordinate and interact with multiple teams related to various build/deployment processes such as Release Cycles, environment updates
- Coordinate and interaction with business teams and project management teams
- Support Daily, scheduled, off-schedule and Continuous deployments as needed
- Support Continuous Integration
- Identify and troubleshoot build/deployment issues within the release window during QA release cycle
- Keep track of new bug’s and issues faced during Build and Release via issue tracking tools like Radar and Espresso
- Troubleshoot issues caused due dependencies mentioned in POM file for maven builds
- Support in Managing Altassian and other tools
- Coordinate with various teams across the globe to resolve the issues in QA environment
- Generate reports for QA release using shell script, documenting the release packages, version, services and revision
- Available for on-call Support
- Collaborate well with Release Manager, other Release engineers and Dev team members
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Ansible and Docker
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications Provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline Automate build & deployment processes Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best in class, large scale systems Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent