Sr. CAD Methodology Engineer, Data Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible and cross-functional role as a senior member of our hardware CAD team, you will be responsible for developing best in class methodologies and flows for Apple silicon mobile products. You will interface with multiple design teams to identify and implement critical design metrics for various stages of chip design, with primary focus on physical design flows. You will develop new methods using web technologies (React, Angular, etc) to analyze and visualize complex engineering data, apply Big Data and predictive analytics principles to semiconductor design. This system will enable us to assess and drive quality for our chips, increase efficiency and Quality-of-Results of our methodologies and design processes.
- Experience in frontend packages such as React, Node.js, Angular, etc.
- Deep understanding of modern Big Data principles, esp. in NoSQL domain as well as relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with data reporting and data visualization
- Excellent communications skills, customer interfacing
- Industry experience in chip design / CAD process is a big plus
- Devise, produce and disseminate web standards to create web applications containing visual representation of chip design metrics. - Interface with the design and CAD teams to enhance current methodologies, devise new quantitative methods to drive Quality-of-Results (QoR) improvements and efficiency - Work with multiple developers to develop engineering data analytics best practices, create template reports and on-board/mentor new developers.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in a technical discipline