Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in product engineering and process engineering
- Strong IC/Semiconductor packaging skills required, knowledge of assembly process and materials used.
- Understanding of SPC and other quality metrics used to monitor factory performance
- Deep understanding of Reliability testing
- Problem solving skills and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, collaboration, influencing and negotiation
- Good teamwork with constant collaborating with multiple functional teams across Apple and suppliers
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems
- Ambitious, good communicator and ability to lead
- The job will require frequent travel (25%) across Asia depending on projects
The Apple Operation team is looking for a motivated, highly-technical Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) focusing on product and process development with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This supplier-based engineer is a leader that will drive process and quality improvement during NPI, ramp up and mass production. They will works with module integration suppliers, sub component vendors and the system integration sites. They will interface regularly with the Engineering and Quality team. Responsibilities: • Advanced packaging knowledge to be able deep dive package design, process and factory inline controls. • RF Module Package development for future modules including design rule setting, process bring up and advanced processing to improve RF transmission lines • Experience in mmWave and antenna package architecture a plus. • Has strong understanding of substrate and package assembly. Versed in DOE creation and JMP analysis to mitigate assembly risks. • Ability to take advanced packages from concept to high volume manufacturing. • Work with design, development, operation, quality teams and other disciplines as necessary to complete projects • Self driving to learn to have good understanding on product, process and testing. • Resolve process and quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes • Monitor manufacturing key process and quality performances indexes. • Complete in timely correlation activities and identify gaps among module, component and system. Follow up till the gap is closed. • Audit and approve IC packaging for mass production readiness. • Monitor supplier builds in their factory on a regular basis. • Ensure assembly suppliers are conforming to Apple product specs and requirements. • Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. • Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering