Employee Relations Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help professional growth and support them in work and life. Join the People team and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Employee Relations (ER) is a global team that partners with managers and Business HR in working through employee issues and concerns including policy interpretation, investigations and compliance. This AppleCare ER Manager will report to a Sr. Manager, and will manage a team of Employee Relations Business Partners (ERBP) that provide consultation regarding ER matters to executives, managers and employees throughout all levels of the AppleCare organization. Key objectives include hiring, training, development, coaching and performance assessment of the ERBPs to ensure legal compliance and adherence to Apple policies. This position can be on site in Austin, Texas, Elk Grove, California, or Cupertino, California.
- Ability to effectively lead and align your team of specialists
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, partners and work streams
- Strong facilitation and business partnership skills
- Effective communicator
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to conduct effective HR investigations
- Mentor and coach ERBPs through their investigations
- 8+ years HR experience and 3+ years experience handling ER issues
- Management experience
- Large corporation HR/ER experience preferred
- Build strong and effective partnerships within each level of management, Corporate ER and HR Legal. - Develop, communicate and implement ER programs, policies and procedures. - Identify trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations in the business. - Manage ERBP team; lead to aligned vision and goals. - Provide coaching and mentoring through investigations. - Review and provide feedback on investigation documentation. - Coordinate assignment of cases from the Business Conduct HelpLine, and the HRHL. - Primary Investigator for: - Global Security Investigations - Business Assurance and Audit Investigations - AppleCare Incident Management Reports - Coordinates ERBP work with Accommodation Team. - May provide direct ERBP/ERC support to a client group.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalents preferred.