Robust Speech R&D Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri Speech team is looking for an exceptionally skilled and creative Robust Speech Processing Engineer, who is eager to help improve the Siri experience.
- We create revolutionary technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Our engineers create the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking.
- We are looking for a bright and talented engineers that are eager to utilize their software engineering, signal processing and machine learning skills in hands-on work improving speech processing and recognition capabilities and the overall Siri experience on a variety of Apple’s groundbreaking product pipeline.
- Hands-on experience on robust speech recognition and modeling.
- Experience with speech enhancement, noise and channel compensation with a strong background in DSP, stochastic and adaptive signal processing.
- Demonstrate ability to prototype speech and signal processing algorithms using iOS, C, C++ and Matlab.
- Fluency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience in ASR research highly preferred with acoustic and language modeling is a huge plus with familiarity in various toolkits such as SRILM, Kaldi, HTK.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work well in multi-functional teams.
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for helping integrate Siri’s speech experience in a full range of current and next-generation Apple products and features. This position requires passion for making speech recognition ubiquitous using the full stack of Apple technologies starting from hardware specifications to large-scale deployment. You will innovate with a portfolio of skills from speech and audio processing, DSP, acoustic modeling, and language modeling. You will work with the speech, hardware and software engineering teams to deliver a phenomenal voice user experience. You have a “make it happen” attitude and willingness to work hands-on in building tools, testing, data collection, running experiments as well as work with state-of-the-art speech and audio processing algorithms. You will be working closely with engineers from a number of other teams at Apple, you’re a teammate who thrives in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field