HID, Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Human Interface Devices Software team is responsible for delivering high-quality drivers, frameworks and tools supporting sensing technologies across all Apple products. Primarily supporting the multitouch technology, we have deep experience developing systems software and building stacks that enable the best user-experience. We work closely with Algorithms, Firmware, Design, and UI teams to ensure sensor and software performance is optimized across all layers of the stack.
- 2-7 years experience developing system software such as drivers or frameworks
- Strong C/C++ and object-orientated programming skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with profiling code in both kernel and userspace.
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with code you’ve never seen before, and understand the pertinent functionality
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working at both higher and lower levels of software
We are looking for an engineer to work on drivers, frameworks, and tools for iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. In this role, you will maintain existing software and design new software stacks for future products and sensing technologies. Ideally, you have experience dealing with human factors, care deeply about user experience, enjoy supporting technology investigations, and are comfortable jumping between multiple levels of the software stack.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE
- - Experience designing SW interfaces or APIs
- - Experience implementing customer-facing features is a plus
- - Familiarity with IOKit, Objective-C, and other iOS/OS X