Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Interactive Back End Development team crafts applications that drive Apple.com, one of the world’s most trafficked websites. The Technology team in Marcom is responsible for a number of areas, including systems infrastructure and internal tools, used by Apple business partners across the globe. As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for understanding organizational needs, defining product strategy, analyzing technology solutions, and working with a matrixed organization to implement and evangelize solutions.
- You have at least five years of product management experience with a proven ability to conceive and deploy functional workflow solutions at scale.
- You have hands-on experience defining product strategy and tactical product definition, preferably in a marketing agency setting.
- You have experience defining and rolling out large-scale project and resource management solutions in diverse organizations.
- You have a deep understanding of agile product management methodologies, including experience putting product management processes in place.
- You can deliver projects by adapting techniques to best fit circumstances.
- You are able to analyze and document detailed functional requirements to facilitate the creation of technical level-of-effort estimates.
- You have been a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team and can work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
- You can apply good judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
- You possess extraordinary attention to detail and dedication to excellence.
- You are an excellent communicator, with great interpersonal skills, who can build trusting relationships within a diverse team.
- You can create order from disorder and understand the “right” level of process to apply to different projects.
- A solid technical background, experience leading technical projects, and hands-on technical experience.
- You are deeply familiar with software development methodologies.
- You can adjust your interpersonal approach to individuals and situations as needed to effectively work with others.
- You effectively communicate with global partners with dynamic marketing and technical strengths.
- You discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for services requested.
- You understanding of complex technical projects and can quickly learn about new technologies and solutions to lead their implementation.
- Ability to develop broad perspective on an organization and to use that knowledge to develop new strategies and options for new projects.
- You can juggle multiple projects within a rapidly changing environment and change priorities quickly as required by the business.
- Gather requirements to develop strategic as well as tactical and detail-oriented project plans, objectives, and schedules that support department needs as they pertain to project and resource management. - Assess market to evaluate commercial customization against custom-built solutions in relation to current and potential future needs of the organization. - Extensive collaboration with stakeholders, development, and partners to track specific details of tactical work. - Lead cross-functional teams to define the scope, business objectives, and required project results. - Document detailed project findings for technical evaluation. - Quickly grasp the essence of multiple new technical concepts, and lead the team through assessment and documentation of goals, risks, dependencies, and timelines focusing on these concepts. - Marshal resources from a matrixed functional group to get things done, and use resources effectively and efficiently. - Clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions. Lead and monitor project schedules, progress, and costs. - Consolidate, communicate, and lead all issues and risks affecting the program or project. - Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure successful completion of programs and projects. - Handle rollout, release, post-launch support, and issue triage during and beyond warranty period as necessary. - Deliver comprehensive summary of post-project metrics and areas of potential improvement, and apply insights to future efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree Preferred with 5+ years experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities in a complex enterprise or marketing environment. Undergraduate degree in Design, Computer Science, or Engineering is a strong plus.